Sunday 17 March 2013

Week-End

SUMMER TIME

Been a while since i haven't posted anything on here. A lot, nah I wouldn't say a lot, let say few things have been going on lately and thought I should share it with y'all.

First thing first. SUMMER IS HERE!! Yup, may not be the case for most of you but here in New Delhi, we are already bathing in sunlight and high temperatures every day! And let me tell you one thing, this summer started pretty hot. Wonder what it is going to be in its peek around June -July. But hey, no one can complain with not having to wear 5 layers of clothes just to go to the grocery store. 




It couldn't have been better, been in this cold winter for way too long and it was about time we get some heat. The season change also came with its pack of new routines. You know the usual light clothing, sports, ice creams (yeah i love ice creams) and stuffs like that. And that brings me to the second part, which is sports. Winter got me all lazy for real, haven't played  football as much, and lost all my toned muscles sadly. So now that summer is back, am slowly resuming my work out routine, you know just to get buffed and hopefully fit in my tees, cause I really shrinked a lot during the winter. Starting the routine pretty slow, with 2 sets of 20 push ups just after waking up, gets me started and fills me with energy. Don't want to start all crazy workout in a sudden and risk injuries so yeah, slow and steady. 
Still in the sport department, and as mentioned in the previous blog ( Sunday Soccer), my soccer shoes were screaming retirement, being the stubborn that I am, I didn't listen to them and almost got my toe nails ripped off during last Sunday's game. That convinced me that it was time to get proper cleats. So went and got these:



Nothing fancy I know, but i just needed something appropriate for soccer, plus I don't wanna spend a lot in cleats that I am going to wear only once a week too. Will post my views and impressions about them after my game tomorrow.

And last but not least, there may be a promising soirĂ©e at the Ambassador's Residency. We got word that our Prime minister will be coming to India for some prime ministers' stuffs, and there will be a dinner with him and the community at the residency. Little do i care of the purpose of his visit in the country, all am going for is the food. Don't judge me but my mom always said "Is yours, what is in your stomach". But who says dinner with political figures, says proper dress code, and as much as I don't like dressing formal and all, I have to make a small effort to be up to the task. So I headed out and got me some nice trousers, and a pair of matching loafers. Now lets see how it turns out to be. Will surely be making something for that too after its done. Pics and experience coming later.

No comments:

Post a Comment